Monday, March 2, 2009

Wonderful Day


Today was really a wonderful day. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me now that I have been able to pass the Tempest stuff on and don't have to worry about it anymore. I still have one promo thing to do, and I still have some stuff to do to support Thomas, but that's all right. 

So I spent the day practicing music, and cleaning house. I didn't get all of the house cleaned because I took the time to go over to my evil Uncle's house and beg him to help me fix my harp and I stopped at a couple of craft stores on the way and mostly just look at cool things and input into my brain beautiful colors, textures, and materials.

I got back to the house and just had time to play with the one thing that I did buy at the craft store. I found something that I had always wanted which was a good pocket watercolor set. It has been more years than I can imagine since I have painted in watercolor, but I promised myself that I wasn't going to judge or over think the process, just paint.

I decided to paint a prayer for my friend for whom a feather on the wind is a symbol for trusting God. OK so I did judge myself a little when it came out, but I didn't beat myself up about it at least.

It was pretty fun though, and tomorrow I'll finish the edges of the silk  and try sewing the image to the background fabric. We'll see how it does. The poem is from emily dickenson

Tomorrow I get to tune up the harp and play it. I'm pretty excited. Ok the eyes are closing so I think it is bedtime.

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. So when I or anyone else wonders where our share of the creative talents went...you got them all :P. I think you are what they would have called in Jane Austen's time an accomplished lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great compliment. Historical people like that, were always my idols growing up. Thanks, Jess. :) jen

    ReplyDelete