Friday, March 6, 2009

Adventures in Beading

One of the good things that always happens when I finish a big project is that I have to immediately start cleaning. This always means reorganizing and  putting every thing back in the craft closet. While this is usually tedious, it can also be fun because it reminds me of other projects that I have on hold waiting for time. Today as I was putting up my bog box o' beads, I remembered that I had bought beads to make myself a bracelet to go with my favorite earrings.

So when I had a respite, out came the box and I was able to spend the afternoon making this little bracelet. I was very pleased with how well it matched the earrings, and that I remembered how to use bead pins to make pendants. By a fun coincidence one of my freinds called and invited me to go see Othello at the Velvet Rut Theatre (How's that for a name?) and so I even got to wear it tonight. I'm getting a little better with the big camera I think. This photo seemed to be much easier than the first time.

The rest of the day was pretty slow because I was feeling really tired. I did  make a little watercolor of the Pyramids as a surprise for my hubby, but I didn't take a picture because it was really bad. I kept it though and put it in a little frame for my guy. Then I tried to do one of the Sphinx and it came out looking like a noseless Groucho Marx. I actually threw it away. So basically, my non judgement phase only lasted for two paintings. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment