Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Art for the Day

I had a wonderful breakfast and visit today with my friend Melissa at Mandola's. It must be divine inspiration because she told me that she thought I should open an Etsy store, and I was able to tell her that I had just done so. Anyway we went over to walk through Silk Road for the wonderful textile and artistic inspiration of all the amazing fabrics.

After that I had a lovely couple of hours to practice my music. I had an epiphany this morning. I realized that I had found so much inspiration by looking at artist blogs on line, and maybe I could use the same thing to help me out of my musical slump. Well on my first search I found this blog, and some of her quotes really touched me to the heart and inspired me, particularly this one:
We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.  
—e.e. cummings (1894-1962); poet, essayist, painter, playwright
Later, I had a little time to sit quietly and make some art. This is one of my photographs from a window in The Cloisters of New York that I altered in Photoshop to become a watercolor. At first glance it is a wintery darkness, with the cold bare branches, but there are small signs that spring is coming in the little squirrel and buds on the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment