Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spirits Some Progress

What a day! I had to get up at 6:00 in the morning and go down to Sanctuary to leave at 7:30 for the van to Houston.  I was running so slow that I only made it with a minute to spare. The van ride was a bit of a tedious adventure but full of very pleasant people and fun stories. I just hate traveling en masse.

However we finally made it there in time for an early lunch and then we performed our play Rubies in front of an audience of around 100+ women. It was a wonderful audience, very responsive and sensitive and it inspired all of the performers to new heights. It was really beautiful afterward because Cynthia Clawson, the author's wife (and one of my heroines musically) told me that the character I ended up playing was a real woman and dear friend of hers that had passed away, and that she had been very moved by my performance. It was a blessing to get to be there and make that kind of magic with such cool people. I was fascinated to hear stories of many of these people who have been in theatre longer than I have been alive and have done amazing things.

The trip home was very long though, and I was so happy when I finally got home around 6:30 to just sit on the couch with my glass of wine and paint my prototype mask. It seems to be close to done. I just want to touch up a few gluing and painting places tomorrow, and then paint the whole thing with sealer, glue on some braid to cover the joins and a few gems for fun and call it finished.

I'm not sure what I'll do with it, if they decide they don't want them, but I'm sure I can find an occasion to wear it. It would probably go great with my sari.

No comments:

Post a Comment