Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spirits Finally Finished

I finally got the prototype mask done for the Tempest and I am very pleased. I had to paint the back, and do some small touchup work to the front. I then added a few gems and some transparent sequins to the front to catch the light, and a bit of gold trim to cover the leather seam. I put them on with Crafter's Pick glue which seems to have worked very well on the first mask that I added gems to. The sequins and trim are a new thing so we will see if they stay on. I also sprayed the whole thing with a light layer of  acrylic sealer to see if I could give it more protection from absorbing heat and moisture. Only time will tell.

It is by far the most complex and cool mask I have done so far, and I'm very pleased also by the process improvements. I think tomorrow will be a documentation day before I put everything away.

Anyway, short post today because it has been a very full weekend and I am exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment