Thursday, February 5, 2009

Creative Dissapointment

Well, I had hoped to have the leather mask making process to put up here today, however yesterday was a bit of a disappointment. Sadly leather working does not seem to be one of those skills that grows in neglect and every time I come back to it the start is like an old junker car: fits, starts and backfires. So, I am cleaning up and starting over today, literally.

When I hit a serious roadblock, I find the best thing for me to do is take a break to allow the frustration to dissipate, and cleaning fits the bill perfectly. Since I tend to work in the eye of a tornado of creative mess, this is always much appreciated by the husband. 

A good friend once told me that when you run into a wall if you try to change your approach and come at it from a different angle, in the process you may find a way around or you may end up in a new wonderful place altogether that you never expected. I'm hoping for someplace in France, personally. And on that note, I'll leave you with a picture from 2 summers ago of my ideal house in the Hortillonages of Amiens, France.

1 comment: