Thursday, February 5, 2009

Masking

Well I finally had my Eureka moment after several pretty frustrating days. I thought I had the new mask process working yesterday and then when I tried it large scale I was totally unhappy with the result. So I took a break today and fixed all my old masks (picture above) when has gotten bent out of shape. That little bit of down time helped me figure out some things.

WHen I was finally done fixing the old ones, then I was able to get the prototype for the Tempest spirits. This is a picture with the base coat of the paint job. They are based on a combination of Nepalese masks and chinese Opera masks. I hope to document the making process as well but it wont be till Sunday because Tomorrow is full and Saturday I go to Houston to do the play. Anyway, I hope to at least get to finish painting this mask tomorrow morning so I can send it out to see if people like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment