Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Can I paint yet? Now?

Well my friend Gia came over today to copy some patterns and to help me with the masks. We got a lot done. I now have 4 spirits completely ready to paint and 2 more goddesses cut out and about half way shaped. She forgot to eat lunch, but she brought a bunch of vegetables from a client's garden that she is caring for, and we made up a lovely salad. I didn't know you could eat Broccoli flowers but they are absolutely delicious. Anyway it way so pretty as well as tasty that I had to take a picture, besides which Gia dressed to match my plates. I am going to have to go and find some broccoli to plant now.

Anyway I had a great discover today that I can paint the backs of the masks with Gesso and it makes them much stiffer and also makes the back more comfy on the wearer's face. These are the masks with eyes cut, one layer of shellac, Vinyl spackling in the crevices to make them less obvious and gessoed backs. I am so ready to paint. I have been ready to paint for the last 3 days. However I have rehearsal tonight so I can't even start till I get back. sigh...


No comments:

Post a Comment