Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tri-Colored Grapes with Pomegranate, Honey and Mint

I finally got the house cleaned up from the production meeting on Sunday. Sometimes I can't believe how much fabric, and how many costumes I have until they all come out and get strewn around the floor. I have an audition tonight at 7:00 and then I will be back at work cleaning up the music room to get ready for this busy spring.

And so to celebrate here is another recipe from the Sunday night shindig. The Tri-Colored grapes I just made up because I wanted a way to enjoy eating pomegranate and I find them overpowering juiced, or by themselves. 

Tri-Color Grapes with Pomegranate, Honey and Mint
Ingredients:
1 medium bunch green seedless grapes
1 medium bunch red seedless grapes
1 medium bunch black seedless grapes or merlot grapes
1 medium pomegranate
1-2 tsp honey
1-2 sprigs of spearmint

Directions:
Wash the grapes an separate all the grapes from the stem. Cut open the pomegranate and remove all the red kernels by hand discarding the white pith. Wash kernels and combine with the grapes in a large bowl. Add 1-2 tsp of local honey to sweeten to taste. Tear up the mint into small pieces and add to the bowl. Stir and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving for the flavors to meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment