Friday, November 26, 2010

The Best Thanksgiving Ever

I think yesterday was the best thanksgiving I have ever had. After we had a lovely lunch and Mom and Bob took off we came back and lit all the led candles and my flicker light fake fire up and cuddled on the couch watching movies.

We had started Love Actually, which has become one of my favorite holiday movies, before my parents got into town on Wednesday and so we finished that one. We then went on to watch Stage Beauty which had been recommended to me by several of my friends. I am completely in love with this movie now. It was a fascinating peek into Restoration Theater and the Shakespeare Revivals and some of the best Othello I have ever scene. It confirmed a lot of the choices that I made when I played Desdemona at in the Shakespeare scene compilation that The Baron's Men did last fall. We then finished up with Julie and Julia, which I had really wanted to see in the theaters but completely failed.

I discovered something really important about myself in that sweet little evening of curling up with the hubby and movie watching. The hurt and anger left over from things that happened during my play has really been weighing on me. It has been really hard to deal with because there was no way to let it out that wasn't destructive to self or others. I learned last night that watching and weeping for other people's love, joys, sorrows, and triumphs is a very safe way to let that emotion out. It no longer feels like failure to cry, when I'm not crying because of the negative emotion, and my body doesn't seem to care except that it just gets the good cry that it needs.

So I am truly thankful today, for a beautiful day with loved ones, and for a tremendous insight into what makes me tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment