Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wow, so much to tell!

Well, it has been an amazing month so far.

My husband and I have actually created a real workspace for me in one corner of our kitchen, in the hope that I will no longer take over the entire kitchen and living room with my crafting. Here is a picture.


It has really helped a lot to keep the house cleaner.

We also cleaned out the garage and created a real plaster working area, as well as getting my cool spray paint booth that my husband built vented to the outside of the house.

Lat weekend I also did my first craft show with three of my favorite friends. We went down to Driftwood, and exhibited in La Ventana. The drive was really lovely, and it was a beautiful day, however the craft show itself was a bust. We sold very little because I think it was just the wrong audience for our stuff. Our display looked wonderful though. Here are some pictures.

Here are the wonderful scarves that Katrina knitted.

And here are pillows from my friend Amy Brumley. You can visit her blog here for more wonderful crafts and recipes

And these adorable pillows were from my friend Cherie. I felt like my set up was pretty bland in comparison, but oh well.

The really good thing about doing the craft show was that I was finally able to put together some of the jewelry ideas that had been percolating in my head. It is mostly just earrings right now, but I am slowly adding other types of jewelry. I'm putting them up for sale on Etsy, one or two every day. I did sell a couple of pairs at the craft show, and several to the ladies in my Bible study.







I also was able to finish a mask for my friend Betsy for the big Austin Shakespeare Luminalia last weekend. It is a little more girly than my other masks, but it was fun to use lace for the first time. Sorry, the pictures are not the best quality.





Apparently they got a lot of notice, and they were sweet enough to hand out cards for me, and so it made me feel really good.

So I am currently looking at 2 more craft shows, a bunch of Christmas performing, and trying to promote myself on Etsy. Lots of fantastic things happening.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment