Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hip Deep in Midsummer Night's Dream

I have been creating a proposal for our Shakespearean Theatre Group to do A Midsummer Night's Dream next spring. It has been a very educational process, as I am learning a lot about scheduling and planning for that large an endeavor. However the most fun part so far has been starting to do some production drawings of the different characters from the play.

Here are a few. I sketched them out on paper and then scanned them and painted them in photoshop. I put the drawing on a layer and changed the layer mode to Multiply, and then I could create another layer underneath to paint in the color, and montage some textures for fabric.

I have also started working on the costumes for the Amherst Early Music Workshop that I am going to this summer. They are doing Purcell's Diocletian, which has just about every fntastic Purcell song in it. It should be fun because I get to make Roman clothing for it. Here is a draping test that I did for a Tunica. Sorry for the blurry picture, my iphone had stuff on the lense. Anyway it looks like it going to be a very creative summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment