Thursday, April 30, 2009

Larkspur

We are having an absolutely lovely Spring here in Texas. The weather has been partially cloudy and breezy for weeks and we've had a lot of rain. My garden is looking really good. With a lot of help from my friend Gia, we dug up and replaced the stone path all along one side of the house. Also the work we have done with using newspaper mulching seems to be helping a lot to control the weeds. I was able to get out last saturday and weed, and trim everything back so the whole yard looks good. Of curse everything is blooming including the asian jasmine just outside the window where I am sitting to write this entry.

The highlight of the spring though is definitely the larkspur in the pictures. I have been trying to grow them for years, and this is the first year that the seeds have actually sprouted and given me a lovely display. I'm hoping to collect the seeds from this years crop and spread them all over the garden for next year because I think they are so lovely and reminiscent of English cottage garden. Happy Spring from Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment